Elder Renton McKay Rindlisbacher

Arizona Mesa Mission
6265 N 82nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85250

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dear Family,
I know that you will be sad that my P-Day was actually today and not Tuesday. They had to change it to Monday because of training meetings the rest of the week for people who are ZL, DL, or for anyone else training for the first time. Transfers happened last Tuesday and I am staying in Phoenix. One to two more transfers in this sinful place, lol. This past week has been interesting and full of weird and scary experiences. Monday all of our appointments feel though and most of our visits too, but we did talk to twenty-seven people that day. Besides that nothing special really happened. Tuesday Juan Hernandez our very solid investigator fed us dinner, and it was delicious. We taught him the following hour and we set up another time to come back. He is going to be baptized on the 10th of October because of General Conference. Wednesday we taught a lady named Patricia. We have taught her twice and she is doing good. She came to church, but she thinks it was a bit to long for her. Later that night we taught a lady named Elizabeth who says she knows the Book of Mormon to be true and it has changed her life, but she has a problem with just getting to church. On Friday is when it got interesting!! It's about 3:30 in the afternoon and we're walking through an apartment complex. We are headed to a former's home when we find four gangsters on her porch smoking and sipping on beer. We decide that we will try again later, but one of them that we have talk to before calls us over because he wants to talk with us. So we start talking with them and one of them asked us to share our favorite scriptures out of the Bible. We pull out our Bibles and read some scriptures with them and explain to them what they mean. The next thing you know the former that we came to talk to opens her door and yells at the top of her lungs "GET OFF MY PORCH. WE ARE BAPTIST NOT MORMON. GET OFF MY PORCH NOW!!!!!!!" It took me off guard. I look at my companion and he had the exact face that I had. The face said, "What"!!! The four guys we were talking to started to freak out. One of them said "Wo wo wo wo, don't be disrespecting the Jesus boy's". It felt good when he said that. The next thing you know the former is back inside yelling at us through the window. It was hard for me not to laugh as we walked away. We then after that lady, went and taught a lady, who wants us to prepare her for baptism. She is an awesome lady but she works every Sunday, but is trying to work her schedule all out. Then after all this we TTI over 30 people which is crazy. But it was all in all a good day. We have been teaching a family with two kids who are working hard on being baptized. We were over teaching them when we heard a commotion in their front yard. They all went outside and my Companion and I stayed in not really knowing what to do. Elizabeth and Domonic came back inside and took the kids in the back room and put some cartoons on for them to watch. One of the husbands came in yelling profanity wanting to know where his wife was. After several "I don't knows", he finally left. But that wasn't the end of it. After he left a cousin came in the back door completely drunk, and screaming, starting a commotion. The mother got him out and locked all the doors and we continued on with our lesson and visit. Honestly I was concerned for my life, it was a scary situation. But the important thing is that we set the time for the baptism to happen. And on Sunday we baptized them!!! YES!!!!! I baptized Elizabeth and had to do it twice, then on Sunday I will confirm her. I am sooo excited, 3 baptisms in 4 months. IT'S SOO EXCITING!

Well the one thing I am learning on my mission is that Satan is real and he is trying to take control over the children of God, and that you should always, always put your trust in God, not yourself. God is always there waiting to help you, but you need to ask in faith for Him to help you. I will never forget my experiences that I am having on my mission. I know without a doubt that this is the true church and that Jesus my Lord, Savior, and Redeemer is the Christ, that he does loves every single one of us. I know that God our Father in Heaven had confidence in us and wants to help us in any situation that we are caught in. We just need to ask for his help. I know without a doubt that we are children of God and that the job that I am doing now will affect my life and lives of those I talk to forever. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

I love and miss all of you but I am doing fine and loving the people here in Arizona!!


Love,
Your Son
Elder Rindlisbacher
It sounds like the family is doing well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment