Elder Renton McKay Rindlisbacher

Arizona Mesa Mission
6265 N 82nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85250

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dear Mom & Dad,
This week has been speeding up. We dedicated the week to contacting referrals, potentials, and formers. We set up at least ten to twelve appointments for this week and I am so excited for them. My Companion and I taught this guy named Troy. He didn't say that he knows that the Book of Mormon is true but he said that it isn't any ordinary book. He said that he thinks that it will definately help him in his situation that he is in right now and ˆ am so happy for him.
My Companion Elder Shupe thinks that I will be transferred in two weeks. I told him not to say that. I like Phoenix. Not as many people reject you on a day to day basis, I don't know why. But I love it here. This week we got some really funny responses to our TTI's. One day we were tracting in the Northern area and we came across this house that looked not to bad. So we knock and this 20 year old guy comes out and says right off the bat, "I'm not interested, I'm Catholic and Budhist". I thought to myself, "hmmmm that's not a usual combination". After that I almost busted up laughing. Next was when Elder Green I were tracting this mixed area of Hispanic and Caucasian people. We come to a door and knocked on it and a man named Bill came out. He was the nicest person, but he was Budhist. He said, "I'm Budhist, but I can't get over the Jesus factor". He then shows us his gardens. He has some sunflowers, some watermelons, and a lot of vegetables. Then he takes us to his meditation garden. Here is where the fun starts. He takes us back and it doesn't look to bad, but as he is showing us he says, "here we have my roses, here we have my hydringas and here we have my tobacco plant". It took me off guard. I was thinking "tobacco!!!! What does he need tobacco for". Then I thought, "Oh right, to meditate, hahaha". We didn't go back to visit him. I have more great and funny stories to tell but no time to tell them.
Well we're at the point in the weather where it has stopped increasing, but it won't cool down till about the middle of October. I can't wait for that!!!!
Well I got to go!!

Love, your Son
Elder Rindlisbacher

Dear Dallon,
My week has been great, but the weather has been just plain sickening. There has been heat warnings this past week. We were tracting in heat of 110 degrees and higher. I drink at least 1-2 gallons of water a day. It is just ridiculous. I have been doing well. A little homesickness here and there but I try not to think about it. Sometimes it's hard thought, but it's possible.
How was the Kings of Leon concert? When Dad told me that you were going to that I was like, "WHAT!!!! Are you serious"?? I'm so jealous. I hope it was awesome. I also heard that you got into a wreck. That's not good, But al least your ok. That is all that matters.
How has the family been? It just seems that once I leave everyone (except for Dad of course) gets into wrecks. It took me by surprise. But everyone is ok, thank goodness!!! I gtg, but I hope you have a good week and I hope to hear from you soon.

Love, your Bro
Elder Rindlisbacher

Dear Ken,
It's been awhile since I've heard from you. It sounds like you have had a good week and had fun with your friends. I remember the good old days as a young lad hanging out with my friends. Yep those were the days. EFY sounded like fun. Did you feel the spirit at all there? I know that I did when I went and I hope you did too.
Man I miss the boat. Those trips we would take to go tubing. Those were the best. Is Dallon ok from his concussion from wake boarding. It sounded pretty bad. I hope he is ok. I e-mailed him but forgot to ask.
This week has been ok with the weather, well compared to other weeks. We had heat warnings about the heat this week. It was 110 degrees pretty much all week. It was torture.
I love you Kenny and hope you have a great week. I hope to hear from you soon!!!

Love you Brother,
Elder Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment