Elder Renton McKay Rindlisbacher

Arizona Mesa Mission
6265 N 82nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85250

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dear Family,
I wish that you could experience what I'm experiencing right now. I've been in the field for two days and I've already noticed God's hand in the things we do and say. The Lord has prepared people for us to teach but we have to be willing look for them. This mission as already changed my life for the good. Two years may be long, but compared to the rest of our life it's very tiny. The Lord has done so much for us, the least I could do is serve Him for these two years.

My are here in Arizona is East Phoenix. I didn't expect to go to Phoenix at all but I guess they split Phoenix in half and I got sent to the Eastern side. The last couple of days have been very long. We taught two people on Tuesday and gave one a blessing. Wednesday we taught around five lessons and tracted about 18 to 20 people that day. We could do better but we were very busy most of that day. Here in Phoenix it was around 100 - 105 degrees and I felt like I was going to die. We have a car that we drive here in the city which isn't to bad but once we get into the car after a good half an hour of tracting it feels like it's 115 degrees or higher. For mailing you have to send all mail to the Mission Home address. I think you guys have that address. My trainer is from Farmington, Utah. He has been on a mission for 10.5 months and he's been in this area for 4.5 months. He's name is Elder Green and he is really awesome I love it here but mot enough to live here. The heat is unbearable. I can't stand he heat and this is only my second official day.

I have had awesome experiences with people, and some weird experiences. My Companion and I were tracting on a street where we came to a house of a man who was baptized but doesn't agree with the way the church is set up. He believes in the Book of Mormon and that Joseph Smith was a Prophet. But he said that everyone after his is full of crap (the non-mormon word for crap) and that the Church isn't set up like how Joseph Smith did t. He commends us for what we are doing, but he said that we are still young and stupid.

The guy that we gave a blessing to, he got into trouble a few years back. The people dropped the charges on him, but recently they brought them back up. He is concerned that he will have to got to jail and that his family will have a tough time. We gave him a blessing of comfort and of healing because he is trying to stop smoking we had him say the closing prayer, and half way through he started to cry really hard. he plead with the Lord to help him and his family. The spirit was so strong there that I felt for his pain.

All together it have been a wonderful, and long two days. How's life been since I've left? Have you guys got most of the hot tub gone? Has anything interesting happened? I love you guys and miss you so much.

Love Elder Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment